Monday, May 12, 2008

Um, okay, that was just weird....

Guy from tonight drove over an hour from where he lives in, let's just say, a rather magical part of Colorado. I had no idea prior to the date that he was driving that far. The conversation was a little forced. He lacked enthusiasm, perhaps tired from the drive and, honestly, did not appear to be that interested in me. I'm trying to grow out my eyebrows, perhaps he was perturbed by their cave woman appearance. Or maybe it was the piece of pepper that I noticed was stuck in my teeth during my drive there. I thought that I had successfully picked it out with a credit card while going 68mph, but maybe it had resurfaced! Either way, I wasn't feeling as though he was all that into the date from the start. He did have great teeth and if you added personality to his personal recipe, would likely be attractive.

Annoying thing he did: Pauses between sentences that went on for DAAAAYYYS.
Annoying thing that I did: I probably talked too much about work, but considering that the alternative was an awkward silence, I really didn't think I had much choice!

As we were walking out, I, headed to the ladies' room, he, back in the car for his haul home, he said, "So you think you'll be in (town where he lives) over Memorial Day?" I said, "Yes, I think so." And he said, "Okay, well have a good night." Um, okay...I guess you don't want to meet up in (town where he lives) because now would have been the time to ask for my number in order to facilitate that. Oh well. I walked into the ladies' room and I'm pretty sure that out loud I said, 'Wow, that was weird.'

Spark and Scoopability factors for this one need not apply!

I have two dates this Thursday, stay tuned!

Anybody care to share a strange date story?

5 comments:

Malissa said...

a few months back, i had 2 really BAD dates back to back. One guy was really uncomfortable, but kept making racist comments and it was really hard for me to sit there.

The next first-and-only-date guy wanted to proceed into some crazy make-out session (in his car while the BASS was bumping), and tried to talk me into spending the night at his house! uh, what?!! it was so odd. i just kissed him out of force and quickly left and had to forcefully explain later that it was NOT going to work.

i could go on and on...but i'll stop since YOU are the one with the dating blog! : )

Hurley said...

No bad date stories...I think I'm a good first date, and hope I never have to prove that again. Also, try using a business card for pepper in the teeth...I think that half of all my business cards are used for picking my teeth or spitting something out.

Iris Took said...

Huh. That does sound weird.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

#1. I'm currently growing out my high-school over-plucked eyebrows, as well. Let's just say, if there's was eyebrow miracle grow (that didn't cost over $70), I'd buy it.

#2. I think that you summed it up well. Wow. That WAS weird.

Anonymous said...

i tried growing out my brows but they grow out patchy...like i think i plucked the roots out of them and its dead space. are you having this problem?
anyway, i've only been asked out on a date once in my life so i don't have too many stories.