Sunday, January 11, 2009

NYE - Part 2

'Lost in Translation' is perhaps what this SHOULD be titled....

So two of the worst moments of NYE were having my friends ditch me after the ball dropped by not returning my phone calls and texts and having Indiana invite himself to the concert where I was and then blow me off once he got there.

What actually happened was.... my friends had sipped on many, many, many bottles of champagne and were all passed out by the ripe time of 12:25AM. So they're weren't ditching me afterall, they were already sleeping off their hangovers. Whew!

On Sunday night, (Jan. 4) even after the presumed New Year's debacle, Indiana asked me out to dinner and I accepted. He's just supposed to be my fun, rebound guy, right? So if he's playing games I really don't care. I just need someone to occupy my time and especially help alleviate the pain of Sunday night when PWD (Post-Weekend Depression) sets in.

He picked me up and we went to an India restaurant. Through the course of conversation I said, 'So what did you think of ABC Concert on NYE?'

He looks at me strangely and says, 'What do you mean? That's the concert you saw.'

And I said, 'Well, which concert did you see?'

'XYZ concert,' he said.

OMG! We had been at different shows! This was great news. So he wasn't creepy for inviting himself to the concert where I was going AND he didn't blow me off once he got there! I was so relieved!

'Wait a second!' he said. 'You thought I was there and purposely didn't try to find you?! AND that I would have invited myself to your NYE plans?!' (He totally read my mind.)

'Um, yeah,' I responded. 'I'm so glad we're having this conversation!' Indiana said. 'You must have thought I was a total psycho.'

I responded, 'Well there's quite a few whack-jobs out there and I was hoping that you weren't one, but I didn't know.'

At that point we both started laughing, toasted with our Indian pale ales, and the date started to get really good.... I'll save the details for my next posting!

3 comments:

Malissa said...

HYSTERICAL!! glad you figured it all out!
phew!

Iris Took said...

Funny how this was NOT funny as it was happening but it's all good now.

Anonymous said...

Jamie -- I love LOVE your dating stories!!! Bridget ( Een's friend.