Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hunger Pains!

I met Charlie (we'll call him Charlie) via the fitness website. In his photos he is HOT....like Jake Ryan hot in 16 Candles or like high school football quarterback hot. Perhaps a little out of my league, I thought, but, hey, he contacted me, so why not go for it?!

We met for lunch and when I saw him, I hope my poker face was working. He did not resemble the chisled hottie with incredible jaw bones whom I had seen in the picutres. He was very skinny, with a waist line possibly smaller than mine and my immediate thought was that he MUST be on drugs or gay. His mannerisms were extremely feminine. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it limits my romantic connection with him.

Well, we sat down and ordered. I was starving after a pretty aggressive workout earlier that morning. He ordered a mere half of a sandwhich and a cup of soup. That's it?! Maybe that was his appetizer and he'd be ordering a cheeseburger later. I ordered shrimp skewers and a salad.

Our meals arrived...yes, that was his entire meal, and we started to eat. I had reached a point of near hypoglycemia because I was so hungry, so I had to hold myself back and make sure to put my fork down every now and then. Well, he finished his tiny cup of soup, but was "too full" to finish his entire half sandwich. I should have asked him if I could have it. I reluctantly did not finish my meal and asked for a to-go box because I felt like a pig eating more than this guy who was a good 6' tall.

After the meal (no dessert, of course), we walked outside, he asked for my number, I gave it to him (You can't really use the excuse/lie that you have a boyfriend when you meet someone through a dating website.), and we walked in separate directions. The SECOND I got in my car and double-checked that I was no longer in his view, I opened my to-go box and finished my lunch. I went home and had a piece of fruit in addition to my meal.

I guess we'd save a lot of money on the grocery bill if he and I wound up together, but I would waste away to nothing and never be able to satisfy my sweet tooth. I don't see this one going anywhere anytime soon....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Fake phone numbers....or....."why don't I take YOUR phone#"....gotta keep those "how do I get out of this?" options open.

Glad to see your out there!

Iris Took said...

You should have just reached over, grabbed his sandwich, ate it, and then you wouldn't have had to worry about him asking for your number :)

Iris Took said...

Hey double-stack, you better blog about last night!