Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He totally has a girlfriend - Punk!

Well as it turns out Colt does, in fact, have a girlfriend. Can you believe that?! I'm glad I'm not her. I don't think I'd want my boyfriend to be leading on girls the way that Colt did to me. What a punk.

He still does not know, however, that I know that he has a girlfriend. This has been kind of a fun trump card to have in my back pocket as we continue to communicate. My friend Chris discovered this clandestine information. Chris is involved in Colt's industry and just happened to mention that he was having a business meeting with him. "Wait a second! You're having a business meeting with Colt Smith?! You've got to do some digging for me!" I eagerly requested of him. With bells on, Chris complied with my wishes and reported back that his due diligence resulted in confirmation of a girlfriend (whom he had actually met). He also said, "31derful, he is NOT your intellectual equal. You can do better." "Duh," I humbly said, "He's not the man I'm going to marry, he's just supposed to be fun rebound guy to whom I don't have to become emotionally attached! I just need somebody to play with for a little while." I am not, however, a home wrecker and am too respectful of karma and my values to hone in on someone else's boyfriend. I regularly practice the golden rule as well.

So, no go on subsequent dates, but maybe he has cute friends....

2 comments:

Malissa said...

NOOOO!! EWWW! this guy has some bad karma coming his way. i 100% agree with you that i would NOT want to be his girlfriend. i'm glad that you have been spared this lot in life (let her deal with the slimeball)
and please pull this trump card out of your back pocket at just the right moment and keep us posted when you do.

Iris Took said...

He's terrible - why don't you set up a "business meeting" with him at a gay bar and not show up. TRUMP!