Monday, July 14, 2008

St. Anthony - You da bomb!

Next time you've lost something try repeating the following phrase...

"Tony, Tony look around, something's lost and can't be found!" It totally works! Read on for proof!

Earlier this evening a good friend of mine, we'll call him Matt, called me. He was very distraught that he had lost his wallet. Over the phone we re-traced his steps and did a mental checklist of the numerous pockets in which it could be hiding. "I took the dogs to the park and laid down to do some sit ups. I'm SURE that's where it fell out. I went back to look, though, and couldn't find it. ARGH!" He was understandably very frustrated.

So, I suggested that he pray to St. Anthony, the patron saint of lost things. He twice asked me to repeat the aforementioned phrase, and AS HE WAS SAYING IT, his other line rang with an unidentified number. "Let me grab this," he said, then added jokingly, "I don't know the number, maybe it's someone who found my wallet."

Well, you can probably guess the ending because sure enough it was! Some guy had found it in the park, picked it up, Googled Matt, and was nice enough to call him. How great is that?! So a big shout out to St. Anthony! He's helped me out before, but his expedience in this situation is to be commended. Try it sometime, just remember to say thanks when it works!

5 comments:

Iris Took said...

HAHAH! I told some people I used to work with about this and they thought I was NUTS! St. Anthony....

Hurley said...

St. Anthony is my people. I was ammused by this story, bacause the line "I laid down to do some sit-ups," sounds a lot like like "hey, do you know where the gym is...is it over that way (flexing.) I said your St. Tony phrase after reading this post, and the 90 seconds I lost are still missing.

Hurley said...

I said your stupid Tony Tony bullshit when I lost my phone yeaterday, and nothing happened...I am now upset that I even attempted such a thing...yeah, I said it!

31derful said...

Hurley - Don't mess with the power of Tony. Perhaps you don't truly believe.... I don't think he takes kindly to swearing, either. Perhaps you should pray to the Holy Spirit who qualifies as the patron saint of wisdom, or Rita of Cascia, the patron saint of lost causes or desparation, then maybe you wouldn't have lost that phone in the first place!

Hurley said...

Agreed...I need a new religion, this christianity business isn't paying dividends...I've heard some good things about Kabbalah, and some not so good things about Muslim. I may just become a Jew...what's that?...no bacon?...ok, maybe I will start my own religion, and we will study the life lessons found on episodes of Lost.